Works For Christ Christian Center (WFCCC), formally Works for Christ Bible Ministry (WFCBM), is a Word of Faith, non-denominational, Christ-centered ministry. Pastors Lewis and Alice Hooker, founders and pastors of WFCCC, received the vision of the ministry in 1986.
God had instructed them to teach and minister to the Body of Christ, the Word of God, with simplicity and understanding, so that it can be applied and produced in the everyday life of the believer. This will enable us to bring change in our world, homes, workplaces, and communities. They have preached the gospel since April 1985. In 1986, God instructed the pastors to teach Bible study from their living room at 2716 Pines Acres in Sanford, North Carolina. In November 1986, God instructed them to start a church, which would teach His people how to live victoriously in this world. The vision incorporated people into hearing, obeying, and doing the Word of God.
In December 1987, WFCBM began worship service at 115 Ashby Road. The congregation grew and the sanctuary no longer could handle the overflow. The ministry built a new sanctuary at 1395 Fire Tower Road and moved into it in December 1993. WFCCC is a vessel that God is using to inform, teach, preach and instruct His people to overcome in this life. One of the foundational teachings for this ministry is Proverbs 4:7, “In all thy getting, get understanding.” Praise the Lord!